Scholarship Awarding Timeline
- High school seniors should apply for admission and have qualifying credentials on file with the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Awarding begins for the Dean's Schoalrship.
- The General Scholarship Application opens. The SIU General Scholarship Application is required to compete for our college and departmental scholarship opportunities. Deadline is December 1.
- Awarding begins for the Dean's Transfer Scholarship. Transfer students must be admitted to the university to be considered.
- The 2018-19 FAFSA will become available for you to complete online.
- Incoming freshmen, transfer, and continuing students should be investigating college and departmental scholarships available through the General Scholarship Application Database. The common application period for on campus scholarships is August 1 – December 1.
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission must be submitted, including all required credentials and documents, by November 1 to be considered for the University Excellence and Chancellor's Scholarships.
- SIU Scholars Program Application is due December 1. This application must be submitted to be eligible to compete for the University Excellence and Chancellor's Scholarships.
- The SIU General Scholarship Application must be submitted by December 1 to be considered for our college and departmental scholarship opportunities at SIU.
- The Chancellor's and University Excellence Scholarship Interview Weekend will be held on February 2 & 3, 2018 for those that qualify.
- Students should contact New Student Orientation for orientation, advisement, and registration information.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships are awarded.
- Scholarship offers must be accepted by May 1.