Scholarship Awarding Timeline
- High school seniors may begin applying for admission with the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Awarding begins for the University Excellence, Saluki Gold, Silver, Maroon and Dean's Transfer Scholarships.
- The General Scholarship Application opens. Incoming freshmen, transfer, and continuing students should be reviewing college and departmental scholarships available through the General Scholarship Application Database. The SIU General Scholarship Application is required to be reviewed for departmental scholarships in your academic college. Deadline for some opportunities is February 1.
- The 2022-23 FAFSA opens online.
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission must be submitted, including all required credentials and documents, by October 31 , to gain access to the SIU Scholars Program Application.
- SIU Scholars Program Application is due November 1. This application and essay must be submitted to be reviewed for a chance to interview for the Chancellor's Scholarship or an upgrade to your University Excellence Scholarship.
- Finalists selected to interview for the Chancellor's Scholarship and University Excellence Scholarship upgrade are notified by email on or before December 22.
- Chancellor's Scholarship Interviews will take place virtually beginning December 22 and will conclude mid-January.
- Submit the General Scholarship Application by February 1 to be considered for the most college and departmental scholarship opportunities at SIU.
- Transfer students must be admitted to SIU by February 1 to be considered for our competitive transfer scholarships, the Provost and Transfer Achievement Scholarships.
- SIU Transfer Scholars Program Application is due by February 21. This application must be submitted to be considered for the Provost and Transfer Achievement Scholarships.
- Decisions for students who interviewed for the Chancellor's and University Excellence upgrade emailed on or before February 25.
- Finalists selected to interview for the Provost and Transfer Achievement Scholarships are notified by email on or before March 2.
- Provost and Transfer Achievement Scholarship Interviews will take place virtually beginning March 2 and will conclude the last week of March.
- Decisions for students who interviewed for the Provost and Transfer Achievement Scholarships emailed on or before April 22.
- Students should contact New Student Orientation for orientation, advisement, and registration information.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships are awarded.