Current scholars can view this page to obtain information on important dates and events throughout campus.
Service Hours Information
Chancellor's and University Excellence Scholars are required to complete at least 10 hours of campus or community service each semester as a stipulation of their scholarship. We want to make this experience an enjoyable learning opportunity by making the documentation process of your hours very clear and easy to follow.
To document SIU campus service hours, please complete the Campus Service Form for Scholars
To document community service hours, please refer to the Community Service Documentation Instructions. The link to the necessary forms is provided within the instructions.
Completed forms should be submitted in person to the Center for Service Learning and Volunteerism located in Room 491 on the fourth floor of the Student Services Building.
If you have questions regarding your service hour requirements, please contact the Academic Scholarship Office at 618-453-4628 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions regarding your documented hours, please contact the SIU Scholars Program Staff, Dr. Holly Hurlburt at email@example.com. All service hours are required each
Spring Semester 2016
- Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday Holiday - Monday, January 18
- Spring Semester classes begin - Tuesday, January 19
- Chancellor's Scholarship Interview Event - Friday, February 5 and Saturday, February 6
- Spring Break - Saturday, March 12, 12:00 noon through Sunday, March 20
- Honors Day - Sunday, April 9
- Senior Chancellor's Scholars must submit Campus Participation Forms by May 1st.
- Final Examinations - Monday, May 9 through Friday, May 13
- Commencement - Saturday, May 14, 2016